ENTRIES ARE NOW OPEN FOR THE 2024 SQUASH ACT TERM 1 JUNIOR PENNANT
Pennant is on Friday nights each week from 9 February, 2023 through to 5 April, 2024. Matches will be played in a Home and Away format, with juniors playing one week at Woden, and one week at Dickson. Please note, Dickson matches start at 6pm, and Woden matches start at 6:30pm. A full schedule will be published after registration.
Please note that pennant communication to players will be through MySquashAUS. All players are asked to:
1. Access and respond quickly to MySquashAUS emails related to pennant.
2. Make sure pennant emails don't end up in JUNK.
3. You need to be a Squash ACT (or Squash NSW) member to sign-up. Please visit the Club-Finder to get to your club registration page.
ENTRIES CLOSE ON 6 February, 2024. Entry fee covers ALL court hire over 8 weeks, balls, prizes and administration. ALL PLAYERS MUST SIGN UP AND PAY THE FEES.
BY SIGNING UP TO PENNANT YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS OF ENTRY (please read carefully):
1. Players are placed in each division at the discretion of the Competition Committee. Consideration will be given to:
a. A player’s recent playing performance and result history.
b. A player’s potential – while considering future potential of younger players in mind, it does not rule out players being given the opportunity to play in a division higher than their SportyHQ Rating.
c. Other matters considered relevant by the Committee.
2. Divisions will NOT be solely determined by SquashLevel rankings.
3. Players wishing to play in a higher division should provide a comment / reason in support of that wish.
4. Players unable to play on a night due to injury, illness, work/school commitment, holiday, etc MUST give reasonable notice to Tom Calvert before 12pm on the day of play.
5. Pennant will adopt a “promotion / relegation” approach where necessary, where the results of this pennant will guide next pennant season. Exceptions may be made for Division 1 and Division 2.
6. The Competition Committee’s decisions are final.
7. Matches will be scheduled on the night. You must arrive to the venue at least 5 minutes before the start time, so matches can be set-up. If you are unable to arrive on time, please let Tom (Woden) or Lisa (Dickson) know that you will be late, so they can arrange matches.
8. Not all matches will be input onto MySquashAUS. Some weeks may see conditioned games played. If this occurs, results will not be input into MySquashAUS. ALL Division 1 matches will count towards players SquashLevels ranking points.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Tom Calvert at email@example.com